Responsibilities and Duties
- Issue purchase orders and coordinate shipment/receipt of parts with suppliers and carriers to meet production schedules.
- Ensure that inventories recorded in the software systems accurately reflect actual inventories in stock in all company and partner warehouses.
- Analyze sales histories, projected future demand, current inventories, orders, supplier lead times and cost reduction opportunities, and issue purchase orders to ensure that supply is in stock and packaged in time.
- Ensure that vendor pricing in purchase orders, and in the software systems, accurately reflect actual costs.
- Ensure suppliers offer the best pricing possible, and look for alternative suppliers, procedures, and sourcing solutions to identify cost-savings opportunities.
- Work closely and coordinate with warehouse and packaging teams at all levels to maximize efficiencies.
- Ensure parts received are inspected in a timely fashion and process returns to suppliers quickly and efficiently.
- Negotiate improved contracts with suppliers.
- Reconcile and resolve vendor invoicing issues with suppliers on behalf of the accounts department.
- Identify and develop opportunities to keep overall inventory levels to a minimum while still maintaining adequate inventory to immediately meet demand without triggering back-orders.
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in a production/packaging environment.
- Proven experience managing high SKU count inventories.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and inventory management/MRP and ERP systems.
- Experience with Spire software.
- Proven experience implementing LEAN systems and processes.
- Accounting accreditation or training.
- Professional integrity and reliability
- A positive and energetic attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment by handling multiple assignments
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work constructively in a team environment and independently
- Solid business and financial acumen to confidently negotiate contracts on behalf of Norwood
Norwood Sawmills is the world leader in portable sawmill innovation. Norwood sawmills empower resourceful people worldwide to build their best futures through wood. Norwood is expanding exponentially, and we are looking for the right people to join our team to help us achieve our vision.