3 hours ago
- Join an interdisciplinary team that provides support and education to a diverse population while gaining experience in the full scope of practice!
- Enjoy attractive pay of $63,755 - $98,282, plus full benefits, including Life, Disability, Dental, Extended Healthcare, and MORE!
- Work from a beautiful area with a limitless availability of activities, and a family-based community!
Peace Collaborative Services is an umbrella organization whose employees are hired by the Grande Prairie Public School District #2357. The organization serves 8 school jurisdictions from Manning in the north to Grande Cache in the south, west to the border and east to Valleyview. The current positions are for the Grande Prairie area and a typical caseload is 2-4 schools.
For more information on PCS please visit .
About the Opportunity
Peace Collaborative Services currently has an exciting role for an Occupational Therapist to join our team in Grande Prairie on a full-time basis. This role is a contract for the 2020-2021 School Year.
As our new Occupational Therapist, you will work collaboratively to integrate student programming with other disciplines such as Speech-Language, Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Psychology as well as for students with visual and/or hearing impairment. This role will see you working to make a difference by providing individual child services while also taking on a leadership role and overseeing program services.
While no two days in this role will ever be alike your more typical responsibilities in this role will include:
- Developing intervention programs, conducting periodic re-assessments and evaluations of individual programs and recommending adjustments as needed.
- Providing direct treatment intervention to specific children.
- Instructing teachers, assistants, volunteers, and parents in occupational therapy intervention techniques.
- Participating in case conferences, parent interviews, medical consultations and clinic programming.
- Researching and providing consultations regarding adaptive equipment and technical aids.
- Supervising para-professional staff and providing programming input for Educational Assistants.
- Providing input into the direction and requirements of the Occupational Therapy program in various jurisdictions.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating a quality assurance program.
- Providing input into the annual operating and capital equipment budgets.
- Providing input into the development and implementation of group programs.
- Attending staff, department, and other meetings as required.
Above all, you'll work well independently while being able to show initiative. You'll also be self-motivated, and an enthusiastic learner with excellent problem solving skills.
About the Benefits
In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary of $63,755 - $98,282 based on experience. In addition, you can look forward to the following array of benefits:
- Full benefits, including Life, Disability, Dental, Extended Healthcare, Health Spending Account
- Mentorship and the opportunity to work on a diverse caseload
- Working the school year with school holidays
- Payment of Professional dues
- Professional liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Great development opportunities
Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your skills in a dynamic working environment in Grande Prairie or Peace River, Alberta - Apply Now!
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
About Scout Talent
Who is Scout Talent? Despite what you might be thinking, Scout Talent is not a traditional recruitment agency. Born out of a great idea and an understanding of what employers really want, we provi...
Alberta Job Centre