At Morneau Shepell, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
As a Senior Developer you will take part in system development support team. You will have a good record in the development of complex, maintainable and scalable enterprise systems using Microsoft Technologies.
- System defect triage and fixing
- System configuration and data patching
- Analysis of business requirements to produces solution and technical design specifications, document assumptions and cost estimates as required
- Assist in various cycles of the requirements verification process
- Implement software solutions (coding, configuration, database design, defect fixing, etc.)
- Maintenance activities, continuous enhancements and on-going issue resolution
- Become subject matter expert and go-to person on specific functionalities of the system
- Transfer knowledge to other IT team members (share your SME knowledge with others)
- Participate in design and program code walkthroughs as required
- Provide timely feedback to team members on matters related to technology development and team interaction
- Provide after hours coverage for SLA support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- 5+ years programming skills in .NET, C# (5 years), VB.NET
- Minimum 5 years of practical development experience in C# required
- Minimum 2 years of practical web development experience with Angular 2+
- Knowledge in the development of WCF web services;
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience in designing, documenting, and developing WebAPI applications
- Experience with application development using design patterns
- Experience with Nugget, Log4Net, Redis, Swagger, MSMQ
- Experience in creating secure web applications and APIs
- Experience with SQL Server, stored procedures, SSRS
- Experience in database development with SQL Server
- Experience with BizTalk and Windows Workflow Foundation an asset
- Knowledge of user interface design, data modeling
- Knowledge of performance, and memory issues
- Knowledge of COM+, VB6
- Familiar with Object-Oriented design techniques
- Knowledge of enterprise software architecture techniques and industry best practices
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently and a strong desire to continuous learning are essential
- Exceptional problem solving skills
Fulfilling work that matters
Morneau Shepell is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours.
We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
Find your fit with us. Follow us on LinkedIn, Youtube and Twitter.