This position includes field, office and laboratory work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. In summer times you will also guide interpretive wildlife tours. You will be stationed at our location in Churchill.
Employment type: Permanent, full time
Work location: Lazy Bear Lodge, 313 Kelsey Blvd, Churchill, MB R0B 0E0
Business Address: Lazy Bear Lodge, RPO Box 35050 Henderson, Winnipeg, MB, R2K 4J9
Salary/benefits: $23,10/hour to start. Extended medical group insurance, 5 days paid holidays, group pension plan.
Reporting to the owner, the Wildlife Biology Technologist is responsible for field research and data collection in regard to wildlife behaviour, toxicology and environmental health.
– Conduct field research and surveys
– Collect data and samples of water, soil, plant and animal populations;
– Analyze data and prepare reports
– Conduct environmental monitoring and compliance activities for the protection of wildlife and other natural resources;
– Guide wildlife and/or environmental tours in summer time
– University degree in a science with specialism in toxicology and environmental health;
– Excellent communicating skills; must have ability to speak, write and understand English
– Experience in field and laboratory research
– Experience with wild life and/or wild life tours
– Ability to work in a team,
– Willing to live and work in remote location (Churchill) with limited resources.
Please send a cover letter and resume to us by email.
We thank you for your interest in working with us although only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Degree in Toxicology: 1 year
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.