- Maintain, monitor, adjust and control the process flow of various district energy systems to ensure safe and efficient operation and compliance with internal safety requirements, contractual obligations and external regulations.
- Operate, inspect and service equipment in all district energy facilities, underground distribution piping and energy transfer stations at multiple sites, performing repairs, preventative and corrective maintenance as required.
- Monitor and evaluate plant operation and systems performance against performance objectives, investigating and undertaking corrective action where necessary. Make recommendations for system optimization.
- Responsible for all health & safety at the assigned site(s), including other employees, contractors and visitors to our sites, conducting site inspections and hazard assessments as per policy, and taking corrective actions to ensure safe and reliable operations.
- Participate in Site Hazard Assessments, Job Hazard Assessments, Field Level Hazard Assessments and site inspections and the development of safety documentation such as OERPs, SJP, SWPs, ERP and SOPs
- Regularly monitor all equipment relating to district energy utility systems in our service area on site and via the SCADA system to ensure equipment is working as intended
- Identifie and report performance issues and take corrective action to prevent injuries, financial loss, reduction in utility availability/reliability and system failure
- Troubleshoot and perform required repairs on all site equipment to ensure safe and optimal operation.
- Enter detailed maintenance logs and records into the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Provide after-hours emergency response, and act as first responder to operational emergency call-out situations as required
You are a 4th Class Power Engineer with a minimum of two years' experience maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical equipment including boilers, cooling towers, chillers, pumps, valves, piping and fittings.
You must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications. It would be ideal if you have HVAC, SCADA and HMI experience.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at .
***Corix employees must apply via our internal portal***
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request.
About Us: Corix designs, supplies, builds, installs, finances, and operates local utility infrastructure on behalf of municipal, institutional, military, and private sector customers. Inspired by our vision to build a world of sustainable communities, Corix is recognized as a community-focused provider of the essential utility services necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the communities and customers we serve. We differentiate ourselves from traditional utility service providers through our broad expertise in water, wastewater, and energy utilities and our ability to leverage that scope of expertise to structure tailored solutions that meet the requirements of small and medium-sized communities.