Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
System Software Architect
The Software Systems Engineering (SSE) organization drives product and software quality at AMD. A specialized technical group focused on Software Quality Assurance within SSE is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic software architect to generate, review, and maintain system-level SW design blocks, their interfaces, with specific focus on quality criteria and testability of the design. You will engage throughout the product lifecycle from design reviews, emulation/prototyping, and post-silicon execution to oversee relevant driver code for testability and coverage. The role is a technical authority to drive quality metric definitions, tooling design, expanding test environments and ensuring test data availability towards DFT (Design for Testability) objective across the software stack spanning FW, kernel driver code, and user mode applications in our products.
- Deep understanding across a breadth of computer technologies in the areas of operating systems, microprocessors, firmware, and device drivers
- Confident leader, able to self-navigate the challenges and communication requirements of aligning development and validation teams
- Adept at developing, documenting, and presenting complex systems to varying levels of seniority
- Possess a passion for continuously acquiring and sharing new knowledge
- Ensure that software product and feature designs integrate a quality and validation-centric mindset within the architecture by intervening in design reviews and establishing architectural quality criteria
- Identify technology and quality risk areas in the graphics driver and firmware code and propose process or architectural solutions to expand tooling, test environments, and validation coverage
- Develop architecture for test data and test data management
- Identify and deploy industry-relevant quality standards and achieve alignment from software development and validation teams, and external hardware, platform, and customer stakeholders
- Work with teams focused on end-to-end quality and influence process and architecture for better metrics collection
- Present ideas and prototype solutions internally, mentor junior staff, and collaborate cross-functionally with hardware design ant validation teams
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and good understanding of computer system architecture
- Familiarity in graphics driver component architecture preferred
- 7+ years of relevant development experience
- BS/MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Requisition Number: 174181
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.