We have the Key to your future!
True Key Hotels & Resorts at SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort, a new development in East Sooke and Sooke Harbour Resort & Marina are boutique style vacation homes set in the secluded village of Sooke amidst the diverse natural beauty of British Columbia's Vancouver Island. Located on the most southwestern tip of Vancouver Island, this destination offers unparalleled and abundant orca whale and other ocean wildlife watching opportunities. Conveniently located near world class fishing charters in Sooke along with endless scenic hikes and trails, sea kayaking, biking and more.
True Key Hotels & Resorts provides competitive employment packages for its team members, including health benefits, competitive wages, education allowance, employee discount programs on the job training and opportunities for advancement.
This position is a full-time or part time. Actual worked shifts will vary dependent on business levels and seasonal needs.
Position Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Day to day operation of the front desk, including check-in, check-out of guests according to opening and closing policies and procedures
- Actively complete both telephone and in person room reservation inquiries converting to actualized bookings
- Communicate effectively to the team, including guest needs and maintenance issues, etc.
- Book moorage reservations ensuring all moorage customers are invoiced appropriately for services including, Moorage, Marina utilities, Crabbing, Parking, etc.
- As needed, ensure marina guests are adhering to moorage agreements
- Ensure safety and confidentiality of our owners, guests and employees
- Assist in the processing of room inventory and invoices of Online Travel Agencies (RCI, Interval International, Leavetown, Sapphire, etc.)
- Process credit card, debit, direct bill and cash transactions as required
- Complete On call shifts in rotation with Guest Services Manager and Guest Services Agents
- Make bookings for third party adventures for guests (Fishing, Whale Watching, Tours, etc.) while proving accurate and detailed information on the experience
- As performing daily administrative duties is in a public area, ensure equipment and general working area is organized and presentable
- Responsible for the interior guest lobby and outside patio area to keep the areas always presentable by cleaning as needed in property and common areas
- Actively promote True Key Hotels & Resorts and its affiliates while contributing to stellar operation and financial responsibility through value and loyalty
- Adhere to the policies set out by the code of conduct, employee handbook, health and safety standards, reporting all incidents and/or injuries immediately
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Guest Services Agent ideal candidates:
- The role will work at both SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort and Sooke Harbour Resort & Marina
- A valid drivers license and regular use of a reliable vehicle will be required to reach East Sooke
- The ability to provide after hours and emergency on-call coverage several times per week
- Experience within a Front Office or Reservations team or equivalent customer-facing role with an understanding of service processes for both guests and owners
- Team player and a self-starter, with the ability to effectively work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as excellent problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency with computers systems required, such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Email
- Professional, well organized and delights in providing exceptional guest service by anticipating guest needs with strong interpersonal skills
- Focused individual with excellent attention to detail and numbers, with basic understanding of accounting concepts
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, or a related field would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of hotel systems, specifically RDP or WebRez would be a strong benefit