Client Registration Assistant
Work from Home- Anywhere in Newfoundland and Labrador
Do you enjoy helping people? Do you pride yourself on being calm, compassionate, and hard working? Do you want to leave work each day feeling like you made a difference? If you want to be part of a team and a company who values you, apply to meet with us today!
We are looking for Client Registration Assistants with a strong customer service mindset who are reliable, dependable, hardworking, and caring individuals to add to our growing virtual care team!
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1996, FONEMED seeks to make a positive difference in the healthcare of others through their daily interactions. With a mission “to provide excellence in Nurse Advice, Health Information and Telemedicine for the patients we serve”, FONEMED takes pride in its employees, customers and industry partners, providing the highest level of quality and outstanding client experience. We pride ourselves on practicing a Culture of Care in everything we do.
Through virtual care, we meet and provide care for individuals where they are, in their homes, communities, or other locations where they live their lives. You share the company’s passion to defy the conventional boundaries of time and distance to get the right care to the right patient when and where it is needed the most. We provide 24/7 nurse advice and telehealth services to callers throughout Canada and the United States who need assistance in assessing their health symptoms as well as advice regarding appropriate follow up care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Acting as the initial point of contact for patient callers and providing excellent customer service;
- Following the established protocols and procedures when speaking with patients and documenting appropriately;
- Obtaining key demographic and health related information and registering this information accurately into our software programs for follow up by our clinicians;
- Directing callers to our Registered Nurses or Nurse Practitioners in an appropriate manner;
- Taking notice of injury reports from patients using our process, procedures, and software;
- Booking patient appointments with Nurse Practitioners or physicians practices as well as confirming appointments;
- Some minor technical trouble shooting of the patient portals (Example: password resets or patient registration assistance);
- Biometric Monitoring- monitor alerts from patients within our software system and calling patients to determine if they need to be followed up by one our clinicians;
- Conducting follow up customer service feedback surveys.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma;
- Office administration or medical office administration certificate or diploma is considered an asset but not a requirement;
- Previous experience in customer service and/or a call center environment;
- Excellent telephone and communication skills;
- Comfortable working with computers and software programs;
- Professional, respectful, and friendly approach;
- Empathetic, patient, and compassionate;
- Calm demeanor and ability to stay calm in stressful situations;
- Ability to work in a very fast paced and busy environment;
- Ability to handle upset patients at times and de-escalate upset patients;
- Ability to talk to patients with a wide variety of medical situations including mental health patients;
- Must be able to submit a clear record of conduct.
- $14/hour starting rate of pay with annual increases;
- Additional $2/hr for night shifts, additional $1/hr for weekend shifts, and an additional $3/hr for weekend night shifts;
- Full-time (32 – 40 hours per week);
- Evening, overnight, and weekend hours required, with flexibility in shift duration;
- Work from home;
- Great affordable benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, critical illness and Employee Assistance Program;
- RRSP with company matching;
- Paid vacation and sick time;
- Paid training;
- Performance incentives;
- Supportive team environment;
- No cold calling or sales required (calls are 95% inbound. Some outbound customer service surveys and patient follow up).
- Opportunities to advance into a shift lead position, team lead position, or other positions within a growing company.
- Computer system with two monitors (at own cost)
- We provide access to private and secure cloud based software programs
- High speed internet (at own cost)
- Private and secure home office
FONEMED is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR