WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We are looking for an experienced Director to join our team on an exciting Barbie Interactive Movie! Under the guidance of the Executive Producer, the Director is responsible for leading a project’s team in achieving the overall vision of a project. Collaborating with Executive Producer, Partners and or Clients, the Director works to tell the best story possible from a visual and written standpoint within a project’s agreed upon parameters. The Director’s oversight covers the entire production through all phases.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Determine the visual look, style of animation, cinematography and sound for a show.
- Inspire team to creatively deliver the best performance and look possible within the determined timeframe.
- Work with design team to establish a concise visual approach to the storytelling.
- Work with the story team to determine the best way to illustrate the script while communicating an entertaining and engaging story.
- Pitch project at each stage and incorporate creative notes from studio and executives.
- Create storyboards if necessary.
- Track that Story Artists, Editor, Pre-visualization Supervisor understand and track the overall key plot and character arcs and points.
- Meet consistently with the VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor, technical leads and supervisors to ensure toolsets are feasible and support the creative needs of the project.
- Work with Animation Directors, and animators to produce the highest quality animation that the budget and schedule will allow.
- Work with sound design team, composer to determine direction and enhance the project’s creative vision.
- Anticipate potential roadblocks or limitations and find creative solutions.
- Partner with the producer to deliver the project on time, on budget and on quality.
- Support and integrate the values of Mainframe Studios that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interact respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience.
- Previous directing experience required.
- Understanding of the CG, live-action production process is desired
- Script writing and storyboarding experience an asset.
- 6-10 years of experience working in a professional environment within animation.
- Must demonstrate storytelling, filmmaking, creative and artistic abilities.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives.
- Ability to direct and inspire crew.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly pitch and present story, art materials, etc.
- Ability to communicate processes, plans and concepts and set clear expectations.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude, flexible and calm demeanour.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.