Posted Date 4 months ago(3/25/2022 3:49 PM)
Job ID 2022-17545 # Positions 1 Job Type Full Time Years of Experience 2 Job Industry Accounting and Auditing Services
Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Thunder Bay office is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Assurance & Accounting team and own the following responsibilities:
- Efficiently prepare year-end engagements and tax returns for your clients in a variety of industries
- Perform audits on a variety of organizations, prepare working papers and financial statements per regulatory standards
- Build positive working relationships with clients and effectively respond to request and suggestions
- Participate in business development initiatives and identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Effectively communicate with team members regarding progress updates and issues on an ongoing basis
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
- You have completed your CPA designation or are in the process of doing so.
- You have 2-3 years of audit experience in the public accounting industry.
- You enjoy working within a variety of different industries and are keen to develop further knowledge in this area.
- You value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work.
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among . This recognition is a milestone we’re thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
- We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
- We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
At BDO, we are committed to the success of students pursuing their CPA designation. We provide pre-approved programs across our 100+ offices, mentorship and support, reimbursement of exam fees, enrollment in Canada’s leading CFE prep course, and flexible options for study leave in order for you to be successful.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market-leading personal time off policy. We’re committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed without barriers. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion, Equity and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, equity, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, .
Hybrid new normal: As a hybrid workplace, all BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place. To protect the health and safety of our people, clients, and communities, we require all partners and employees to be COVID-19 fully vaccinated in order to enter a BDO office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine due to medical reasons or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our . #LI-JD