Come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions and work with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you.
As a member of the Demand Forecasting team, you'll play a key role in solving some of the world's most complex technical challenges associated with Forecasting. You will apply Large-scale computing, Distributed systems, Data mining, Scalability, Machine learning and Statistical Algorithms techniques - just to name a few.
You should love solving hard problems, never take 'no' for an answer, and strive to innovate and simplify. Join our team of top-notch software developers, who work hard, have fun, and make history.
You should be comfortable diving deep into technical architectures and requirements, be able to quickly identify solutions to challenges discovered during development, and ready to work with some of the latest cloud computing technology. Prior experience building stable, scalable, solutions is required. Prior experience with data mining, databases, or massively parallel systems is a plus. Successful candidates will thrive in fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design, intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology.
Amazon.com's Forecasting group is searching for a software development virtuoso to join our team. We are pioneers in the fields demand analysis and forecasting. If you want to learn how to leverage technology to predict the future, this is the team for you.
· Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
· 2+ years of relevant industry experience
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
· Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
· Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 4+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl