As a Logistics Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing and driving consistency with all transportation carriers and purchasing functions. Individuals must have Logistics Transportation experience with Domestic and International expertise. Must have experience with International Commerce; working with cross functional teams; assist and develop collaboration logistics solutions; conduct freight negotiations, reviews and analysis. We are looking for someone who is experienced with concept of LEAN initiatives, Management Leadership working with cross functional teams; business strategy recommendations with Company initiatives goals and experience with both business to customer and supplier to company both internationally and domestically.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manages cost/service projects, provides cost/service impact for lane, carrier, and utilizes sourcing changes.
- Build and maintain collaborative / supportive internal and external relationships with carrier partners.
- Identify and analyze viable freight programs to meet corporate transportation needs.
- Arrange and/or verify the shipment of all freight, raw materials pick-ups, sales aides’ materials, and miscellaneous departmental freight between customers, vendors, and various Company locations
- Create periodic transportation summary reports reflecting carrier performance, issues, and solutions and conduct ongoing freight studies
- Assist in preparing freight budgets for operations and report on the performance of actual expenses to the budget and progress of current projects
- Ensure all international freight bill activity including verifying all international freight bills for accuracy and resolve all payment or billing discrepancies with the appropriate carrier
- Audit and approve Freight payment through third party and internal processes
- Conduct monthly freight audits with finance for proper allocations per business
- Uses analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance supply chain and logistics processes
- Responsible for assembling data, analyzing problems, and developing recommendations
- Negotiate with carriers and develop relationships to build transportation options
- Works across multiple “supplier-customer” relationships (internal and external) to develop the best approach to get results
- Works collaboratively to investigate problems, find root causes, and develop solutions
- Monitor carrier scorecards ask set-up quarterly business review with carriers
- Ensure proper documentation procedures (processes and flows) are designed for all import and export services and that processes are structured to comply with all domestic and international regulatory requirements, including hazardous materials regulations
- Design, implement, and manage standard operating procedures for transportation operations to increase efficiency, ensure consistency and reduce costs
- Provide leadership for the design of transportation solutions and work with team members, to design and deliver the best possible transportation solution
- Support the sales team when selling transportation solutions to Customers and prospects·
- Assist operations with TMS management and implementations
- Communicate and coordinate with planners and purchasing teams to ensure schedule adherence
- Participate in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management. Participate as required in problem solving teams, kaizen events, cross functional committees, and multi-discipline initiatives
- Review and maintain SAP data integrity of routings accuracy
- Purchase MRO materials and services, obtaining maximum value in terms of price, quality, and service. Also, oversee and give guidance to lower level purchasing personnel
- Create and approve Purchase orders.
- Place orders with vendors as required
- Ensure vendors are properly created and maintained in the SAP system
- Resolve invoice discrepancies from purchase orders
- Maintain intercompany pricing conditions in SAP and maintain blocked invoices. (MRBR)
- Ensure Eaton financial & control policies are followed throughout the purchasing process
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
College diploma from an accredited institution
Minimum 3 years of Supply Chain specializing in Logistics and Purchasing
Proven expertise working with large data sets and very large database structures.
Experience managing KPIs or other metrics preferred
SAP knowledge is critical and TMS knowledge a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Power Point, Project, Word, Microsoft Teams
Excellent writing skills and problem solving skills
Experience with Six Sigma, Lean, or other Process Improvement Methodology
Demonstrate project management skills and experience.
Knowledge of budgeting methods and practices
Experience in data analysis to determine accuracy/integrity, and identify necessary actions to enhance completeness of data delivered in the reports and dashboards.
Must have strong leadership skills
Outstanding business acumen
Self-motivated, requiring minimal direct supervision. Ability to solve problems independently
Familiarity with logistics: including carrier management, transportation planning, project management, and logistics analysis.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: :