The Millwright is a member of the maintenance team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned department goals; works closely with other team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provides support to other roles within the maintenance team.
- $33 / HOUR to start for licensed millwright, up to $30 for a non licensed millwright
- Opportunity for growth and overtime
- Great clean working environment and leadership
- Red Seal Desired - But Not Required
- Unlicensed mechanics encouraged to apply
- Must be flexible to work nights / afternoons and weekends as needed by maintenance schedule
- 8 hour Shifts
PAY: $33 / HOUR, benefits, pension, premiums
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and mill machines to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Troubleshooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules
- Comply with all applicable legislative and Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production and bakery equipment
- Continually improve equipment function via design improvements
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with legislated and company health and safety standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Valid Red Seal Millwright License / Provincial Millwright Ticket - Desired but not required
- 2-5 years' industrial mechanical experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Proven track record working with mechanics, machine shop practices (lathe & milling machines), welding (ARC, TIG, MIG), and pneumatic & hydraulic fields is required.
- Problem solving skills and good communication skills are required.
- Flexible to work day/afternoon/night shifts as needed, availability for weekends as well
Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply today. Qualifications