WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
WHO WE ARE: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
PERKS & BENEFITS: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Room Inspector inspects lodging facilities to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of the establishment. This employee is responsible for the training and correcting of all housekeeping employees (in conjunction with the Manager of Housekeeping and Housekeeping Supervisor). The Room Inspector will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Trains and coaches a team of Core, Regular, Seasonal, and Part Time Housekeeping Staff (in conjunction with the Manager of Housekeeping and Housekeeping Supervisor)
- Ensures the employees have to the skills, tools, and knowledge required to perform their job at the highest level (while remaining engaged)
- Demonstrates standards and procedures for housekeeping staff to follow, including: OSHA standards, Alterra G&Os, Quality Assurance Program, Check-Lists, Safety Standards, Guest Service Standards, and all company SOPs ( including HotSOS and Unifocus)
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the establishment
- Documents inspection forms to hold cleaners accountable and to use as recognition or re-training tools
- Investigates and improves new cleaning instruments and methods
- Researches green initiatives and products
- Has working knowledge of equipment and periodically inventories and orders supplies and equipment (as required)
- Manages a safe employee and guest environment
- Ensures proper and timely communication with the Front Desk, regarding: owner/guest special requests, early check-ins, late check-outs, and room moves
- Is responsible that the Housekeeping staff follows the established uniform and appearance policies and takes corrective action if necessary
- Works as a room attended to clean units when needed
- Responsible for off-season duties, such as spring and fall deep cleans
- Complies with all company policies and procedures
- Knows the Winter Park Resort Core Values and models them to other employees
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & moderate computer functionality preferred
- At least two (2) years of related experience preferred
- Experience at a Mountain Resort Lodging Property preferred
- Experience with computer systems such as Springer-Miller Systems (SMS) Property Management System, Kronos, and/or J.D. Edwards (JDE) preferred
- Is honest and demonstrates integrity
- Follows established resort policies and procedures
- Is able to manage confidential information
- Reports to work exhibiting a professional appearance within defined guidelines
- Is supportive of resort mission and core values
- Sets a positive attitude for others to follow
- Is comfortable challenging established policies and procedures, but once decisions are made, is supportive of decisions
- Is organized and capable of performing multiple tasks
- Is trustworthy and self-directed in work tasks
- Sees projects through to completion including follow-ups on any identified issues or long-term concerns
- Is able to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Is flexible with days and hours of work, based on resort needs
- Prioritizes, and re-prioritizes personal time versus work needs to ensure a good balance in life, and quality of work.
- Every guest encountered will be acknowledged, thanked and invited back
- At the end of the day, you will know you had a positive impact on our guests
- Employee will strive to exceed guest’s expectations
- Fulfills all owner and guest requests in a timely and professional manner
- Has strong knowledge of the resort/department, products, services, has experienced many of those products and services
- Listens carefully to owner and guest needs and expectations
- Anticipates & quickly responds to all owner & guest needs and potential concerns
- Communicates will all vendors in a professional manner at all times
- This position is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- temperature is moderate and controlled by environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to an average shift of 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 200 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach different floors of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment and products.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to non-slip shoes, protective eye wear, and protective gloves.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $17.50 - $18.00 per hour
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.